Sumac is Simcoe County’s Cultural Network of eclectic collective of Simcoe County’s cultural places. Its current 15 members represent a broad range of product offerings and price points.
Collectively, the partner members of Sumac offer a broad reaching array of unique and distinctive products ranging from:
- exhibits and buildings illustrating the history of Simcoe County from prehistoric times to the present
- displays of military equipment and vehicles from all areas of Canadian military history; and
- exhibits that celebrate the heritage of the Ontario Provincial Police; to
- collections of Canadian contemporary, decorative and fine art; and
- film screenings and live theatre
- educational programming for K-12 based on provincial curriculum expectations
What does Sumac mean?
It is the Sum of Arts and Culture in Simcoe County.