Museum On The Boyne
Nestled among the trees of Riverdale Park the Museum on the Boyne features a 1915 agricultural fair building, an 1851 log cabin and an 1858 English barn. The museum houses a mixed collection of household, agricultural, industrial and archival artifacts that depict life in South Simcoe from settlement to present day.
Adjacent to Riverdale park, the Museum on the Boyne brings the history of South Simcoe and the Town of Alliston to life. Through children’s programming, community events, Graffiti during Culture Days, book sales and camp days, this site offers guided and self-guided tours, educational programs, special exhibits, events, and workshops.
- Location: 250 Fletcher Crescent (in Riverdale Park) Alliston
- Season: All year. June to August Open Daily 10:00am-3:30pm, September to May Open Monday to Friday 10:00am-3:30pm
- Admission: Adults $2.00, Students/Seniors $1.00
- Groups Tours by appointment. Special rates available.
- Facilities: Climate – controlled main building, wheelchair accessible, washrooms, picnic area.
General contact information:
Museum on the Boyne
c/o Town of New Tecumseth
Box 910, 10 Wellington St. E.
Alliston, Ontario L9R 1A1
(phone) 705-435-0167 (fax) 705-434-3006
Map: Museum On The Boyne Map