MacLaren Art Centre
The MacLaren Art Centre is the regional public art gallery serving the residents of Barrie, the County of Simcoe and the surrounding area. The Gallery has a permanent collection of 26,600 works of art held in trust for the public and presents a year-round programme of world-class exhibitions, public art projects, education activities and special events. The MacLaren is housed in an award-winning building in downtown Barrie. This architectural landmark combines a renovated 1917 Carnegie library with a contemporary addition designed by Siamak Hariri of Hariri Pontarini Architects. The complex includes multiple galleries, an education centre, a sculpture courtyard, café, gift shop and framing department.
- Location 37 Mulcaster St. (across from City Hall Downtown Barrie – on Hwy 400 exit at Dunlop follow signs to City Hall)
- Season All year, Centre and Gallery Shop open Monday – Friday 10am-5pm, Wednesdays open until 7pm, Saturday and Sunday 10am-4pm. Radio Café open Monday-Friday 7am-4:30pm, Saturday and Sunday 10am-4pm. Closed Statutory holidays
- Admission Suggested admission $5.00
- Groups Tours by appointment
- Facilities Ramp for wheelchair access to gallery, accessible washrooms, elevator.