Simcoe County Museum
he human history of Simcoe County is reflected from pre-history to the 20th century. The Simcoe County Museum consists of a newly expanded, climate-controlled exhibit complex and 16 outdoor heritage and display buildings; including a display of agricultural machinery, a pioneer church, a log cabin, mastodon tusks, hair wreaths, wedding gowns a train station and a 1900 schoolhouse.
- Location approx 2km north of Barrie on Hwy 26/27, on Hwy 26 just west of Hwy 27
- Season All year, Monday –Saturday 9am-4:30pm, Sunday 1pm-4:30pm.
Closed December 25, 26, January 1, Good Friday, Easter Sunday.
- Admission Adult $6.00 Senior/Student $5.00 Child $4.00 Preschoolers free
- Groups Adults (minimum 10). Confirm with Museum. Tours available with pre-registration at special group rates
- Facilities Canadian crafts gift shop. Wheelchair available on request, wheelchair accessible, picnic tables, air conditioning. Meeting rooms with kitchen facilities and Tourism Simcoe Information kiosk.